This class focuses on caring for the baby during the first few months of
life. Topics include basic infant daily care, newborn characteristics,
sleep and feeding patterns, diapering, comforting a "fussy"
baby and baby safety.
Learn the 5 simple ways to turn on your baby’s calming reflex (the
5 S’s) and become the best baby calmer on the block! This class
is based on the highly effective, new hands-on approach to babies pioneered
by the worldwide, renowned pediatrician, Dr. Harvey Karp, and taught by
our certified instructors. This extraordinary parenting class is designed
for expectant parents and parents with babies under three months old.
You will learn step-by step how to help your baby sleep longer as well
as calm and soothe even the fussiest baby in minutes… even seconds!
New babies are such a blessing, but they can also bring with them sleepless
nights, crying and sometimes a bit of extra stress.
Parents will learn:
- Why the idea of colic is mostly an old wives tale
- Why keeping the house quiet may actually be upsetting to many newborns
- Why most babies get more upset in the evening
- Why it is impossible to spoil young babies
- An easy way to help infants sleep for a few hours more at night
- Why fathers are often the best baby calmers in the family
Reservations: Required, please call 626-457-3277
Dates are subject to change; contact the hospital for further information