Visitors are recognized as a supportive and integral part of the healing process. However, quality patient care is our primary focus and the needs of the patients may dictate exceptions to the stated visiting guidelines
- Our general visiting hours are from 9:00am - 9:00 pm
- Critical Care Units allow visitors around the clock with the exception of 7am - 8am & 7pm - 8pm. No flowers are permitted in the Critical Care Unit
- Geriatric Behavioral Medicine Center allows visitors from Noon to 2:00pm and 5:00pm to 7:00pm daily.
SPECIAL Visiting Guidelines During Flu Season:
To prevent the spread of Influenza, we request that you follow these guidelines when visiting patients:
- Do not visit if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, sore throat, or runny nose. Please delay your visit until you are well.
- Visitors must be 16 years or older to visit with the exception of siblings visiting the Maternity Unit
- No more than two (2) visitors may visit a patient at a time
- All visitors must wash their hands prior to visiting
- When visiting patients in isolation, visitors must follow isolation precaution guidelines
Rest Period at SGVMC
For the comfort and healing of our patients, San Gabriel valley Medical Center observes a daily Rest Period between the hours of 2pm and 4pm. During the Rest Period, we request that visitors refrain from entering patient care areas with the exception of the Surgery Department. We thank you for your cooperation.
For the convenience of visitors, we offer free parking in our parking lot on the north side of our campus. The lot is located on the corner of W. Las Tunas Drive and Santa Anita Street. Please enter on Santa Anita Street. Limited street parking is available, but please note that there is a 2-hour limit for street parking.
When you enter the main lobby of the hospital, please stop at the Information Desk. Our staff will provide you with the location of the patient you are visiting.
For the safety of our patients, we request that you use the hand washing stations located throughout the hospital prior to visiting a patient. Please follow posted precautions when visiting patients in isolation rooms.
For your comfort, the hospital provides several waiting areas including in the main lobby and on each floor of the Tower Building.
A non-denominational chapel is located on the first floor of the hospital near the main lobby. Visitors are welcome to visit the chapel for quiet reflection.
Cafe 438 is the hospital's cafeteria which serves a variety of healthy, delicious meals and snacks. Located on the hospital's first floor, the cafeteria is opened during the following hours:
Monday through Friday
- 7:00am - 10:00am Breakfast
- 11:00am - 2:30pm Lunch
- 3:00pm - 6:00pm Dinner
Saturday and Sunday
Snacks are also available through vending machines located at the Emergency Department entrance, the Surgery waiting room and at the entrance to the cafeteria, as well as in Lori's Gift Shop in the main lobby.