At San Gabriel Valley Medical Center, we're all about Our Family Caring
Our approach to care is simple: We treat our patients in the way we want
our loved ones to be treated – with compassion and respect. This
philosophy has guided the employees and physicians of San Gabriel Valley
Medical Center since our opening over 50 years ago.
Our team of healthcare professionals is dedicated to promoting and championing
the individual needs of each patient and family in a caring and supportive
environment. We utilize a holistic approach to provide comfort and healing
for both patient and family in a culturally sensitive manner.
At San Gabriel Valley Medical Center, you and your loved ones can be confident
in the care provided by over 500 physicians and 1,000 employees who utilize
advanced technology to diagnose and treat thousands of patients each year.
With the "Gold Seal of Approval" from the Joint Commission, our
extensive inpatient and outpatient services include:
- Emergency Care: Available 24/7 whenever you need us. We treat over 24,000
people each year from minor illnesses and injuries to serious life-threatening
- Surgical Services: Both inpatient and outpatient surgeries are performed
in our state-of-the-art Surgery Department. We specialize in a wide range
of surgical services including Orthopaedics and Spine, Gynecology, Ophthalmology,
ENT, and many more.
- Maternity: Our beautiful birthing suites, located in the Women's Pavilion,
provide a comfortable, home-like environment for mothers and newborns
- Newborn Intensive Care: If an infant requires specialized care, our NICU
staff has the expertise to help.
- Sub-Acute: For patients needing long term care due to chronic respiratory
and other conditions, the Sub-Acute Unit provides supportive care for
both patient and family.
- Geriatric Behavioral Medicine: Our inpatient center treats seniors experiencing
mental health issues in a comfortable, safe environment.
- Diagnostic Imaging: We offer a wide array of diagnostic imaging services
and have one of the few 128-slice CT scans in the area.
We also have earned the following distinctions:
Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
awarded by The Joint Commission
- Primary Stroke Center Certification
- Baby-Friendly Hospital Designation
The hospital opened its doors in 1960 as a 146-bed facility called the
Community Hospital of San Gabriel. In the mid 1980's, the hospital's
name was changed to San Gabriel Valley Medical Center (SGVMC) to reflect
a significant expansion in bed capacity and breadth of services offered.
Over the years, the hospital has continued to expand its services to meet
the needs of the residents of the San Gabriel Valley and beyond. Today,
our now 273-bed hospital is considered one of the premier healthcare facilities
in the San Gabriel Valley. SGVMC is a proud affiliate of AHMC Healthcare Inc.